East Bernard, Texas
3.3
Privacy and Data Security

I called and wanted to keep my credits, but did not want to pay a monthly fee. They told me I could put the account on hold. I did that. Then it takes it off hold and starts charging you again after a few mos. I discovered on the website that I could change to a "light" membership of $10/year or so. I then called them. They said yes, but that I could not do that online, that they had to do it. I changed to the light plan.

My complaint is 1)they should have told me about this option the first time, 2) this option is not listed online among the standard options I can switch to, 3) I should be able to switch this myself, 4) they are obviously training not to tell me about this option but to try to put me on "hold" instead. This just lacks transparency and smells a bit.

If you cancel, you lose your credits. You have to keep paying to keep the credits you have already paid for. I find it annoying and don't think I'll be coming back for a full subscription.

This reviewer shared experience about "lack of option transparency" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). seekingreasonableness is overall dissatisfied with Audible. The most disappointing about audible membership at Audible was lack of transparency on plan options , but reviewer liked product. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Audible.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Media category for more informed decision or compare Audible to other companies on our site.

Comments